Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Big 4-0

Yes, you would think that at such an important milestone such as a 40th birthday, I could be more on time with my wife's own posting.  So if any of you have felt bad that I have missed birthdays, you can see it is just me and nothing to take personally.


We had a great Christmas and I had a fun day planned for Annie's birthday, but a few things went awry such as weather that didn't cooperate with a bike ride with some friends and shrimp that was forgotten at the grocery store checkout that was meant to top a Swedish sandwich torte which was 
to serve as the birthday cake.  And then there was the cutting of the birthday night date short after being being informed by the babysitter that one of the kids had lice.  My favorite Annie quote of the nights was, "Lice!? we can't have lice!  I have pre-conceived notions of people whose kids have lice!"  It goes without saying that the humble pie for dessert was not so sweet.

However, I am grateful though that Annie is so sweet, tangy at times, but sweet nonetheless.  It is nice to have a best friend who I love at the same time.  Here is to at least 60 more birthdays without stress, palpitations, forgotten shrimp, lost bikerides and with lots of fun, excitement, joy and peace.

Cheers, Annie! Hurrah, Hurrah, hurrah, hon lever!

9 comments:

Andrea, Maria and James said...

Dear Annie, We are so glad you married Carl, we are pretty lucky. What a lovely house and cute kids. I hope your birthday was happy! I love you. andrea

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday Annie! The 40's are a great decade!(Wait until you hit 50! :-)) come visit Rockville!

Carolyn Colton

Anonymous said...

Great birthday cake! You guys are great, but Annie is the best. Happy birthday.

Grandma Nell said...

eWe love the house. We love the kids. We love our son. All that said, We love you for being their mom and wife. You are an outstanding person who has blessed our lives as well as those of your immediate family. Sorry so many things went wrong. Maybe you could do like Julia, start a diary of "Things I will laugh at later, but not right now"
Love, Nell and Wes

Emerson said...

Happy Birthday, Annie!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like it was memorable! 40 is when the fun begins!

Brooke and Ben said...

Brooke and I loved the pictures but whoaa...you're old.

Just kidding, here's to forty more years! Happy Birthday. Love Ben, Brooke, Scout, and Boston.

Anonymous said...

Annie I didn't realize that you were so old! Just kidding, holy cow you all look great! How lucky you are to celebrate the big 4-0 with such a beautiful family and home. We'll have to make the trek down South some day to say Hi. Love - Ali and the gang.

Anonymous said...

At first I thought it was my sister's b-day you were talking about and I was like,"What?". Then I figured out if was my AWESOME aunt!!!
Happy Birthday!