Friday, November 7, 2008

Wihoo, Brooke!


I usually try to find some good dirt and tie it into a birthday message or find something silly, but that will have to be next year for you, Brooke (Ben this is your cue to start posting some blackmail pictures on your website). I am very impressed with your blog in that you capture all the types of things about your family; the type of things that I have long wished I would have recorded so that I could have a "snapshot " of my kids before memories fade and the funny stories are lost. So in wishing you a happy birthday, I am going to share with the family your poem which is a snapshot of your family, but may also spark a responsive chord in your birthday wishers. Happy Birthday Brooke!

Wobbly Twirls By Brooke Kamalu

If adventure can be tied up with ribbons and tags-
With candy and green and yellow thoughts in bags-

If keys open hearts withgiggles and smiles-
And innocence lives in your house for a while-

If perfect wears shoes that are size two or size four-
And eyes reveal heaven, mischief, and more-

If Mother Goose comes to visit at noon every day-
And tea parties and silly are just your way-

If wheels on the bus go round and round-
And London bridges really do fall down-

If peek-a-boo will cure your cares-
And small folded hands say simple prayers-

If tiny pink skirts do wobbly twirls-
Then you must be blessed with little girls-

10 comments:

Gigi said...

Happy Birthday Brooke. We're so glad you are part of our family. I love your sweet personality. And of course you've given Ben two darling girls. Hope you have a great day.

Gigi

Grandma Nell said...

Happy Birthday Brooke! I echo Gigi's comments and add that we think it is wonderful that you were part of the family even before we or you knew it. I can see a great great grandma Annie and a great grandma Nola looking down on you, plus their parents and saying "We really started something wonderful, didn't we?"
Love
Nell and Wes

Anonymous said...

Brooke, Happy Birthday! We've never met, but I can tell from a few posts I've seen on your blog and from what Ben says about you that you are someone with whom I could get along. I look forward to someday meeting. (For example, when you and Ben come to visit NYC after his graduation--hint, hint. We've got room for you here.)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brooke!
I remember meeting you for the first time at Carl's b-day party. I thought you were adorable and was very happy been was smart enough to marry you! :-)

I love the poem Carl posted. It made me cry. :-)

Annie

Emerson said...

Happy Birthday, Brooke!

Karen said...

I'm truly blessed to have you for a daughter-in-law. I hope you have a great birthday. Tell Ben to change an extra poopy diaper for you from me! I love you. Karen

Andrea, Maria and James said...

Dear Brooke, We hope your birthday was wonderful. Your poem made me miss my little girls, I know you have fun with yours. love you, Andrea

Brooke and Ben said...

Thanks Everyone!! :)
What a great family we have.

Brooke

Anonymous said...

I am late, but you are great!!!! Happy Birthday Brooke.

Heidi

Anonymous said...

My comment to you is short and sweet,
Happy birthday from you to me.